Legalisation of Government Documents [for example, passport, NRIC, marriage and educational certificates, etc.]
- SAL provides service for the legalisation of documents on an appointment basis only.
Members of the public who require legalisation service will have to:
- submit an online request at https://legalisation.sal.sg/;
- make payment online by Visa or MasterCard; and
book an appointment to legalise documents at SAL:
- once your online request has been successfully submitted and payment has been made, you may then proceed to book an appointment with SAL by clicking “Appointment Booking”;
- an Email Confirmation with the Invoice will be sent to your registered email address;
on your appointment day, please produce a copy of the Email Confirmation and Invoice when
- you present your documents for legalisation at the SAL Office. Alternatively, you may flash the QR code on the Invoice.
- Please note that Legalisation fees paid are not refundable.
Legalisation/Authentication of Notarised Documents
- For notarised documents, please inform your notary public about your requirement for legalisation before booking an appointment here.
Please select your booking:
The legalisation function of outgoing public documents issued in Singapore and intended for use in States with legalisation requirements will be transferred from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) to the Singapore Academy of Law (SAL) from 20 January 2021.
Appointments for legalisation by SAL will only be available from 20 January 2021. Please contact MFA for urgent legalisation which needs to be completed before 20 January 2021.