Mondays - Fridays
9:00am to 4:30pm
Eves of Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year
9:00am to 12:30pm
Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays
- Notarisation Fee to the Notary Public; and
- Authentication Fee of $85.60 (incl of GST) to the Singapore Academy of Law.
Counter opening hours are from 9:00am to 4:30pm. The counter will be closed on weekends and public holidays.
You are not required to be personally present at SAL to legalise your documents. You may appoint a proxy to complete the legalisation on your behalf. No authorisation letter is required
If you encounter any issues with your legalised public document overseas, you may contact the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission. Alternatively, you may contact SAL at our hotline 65 6332 4388 or email [email protected]
For requests for legalisation of Certified True Copies, a photocopying fee of $1.00 is payable for every Certified True Copy legalised (regardless of the number of pages). This is a flat fee. Please present original documents at the SAL counter for photocopies to be made by SAL counter staff.
Legalisation fees will be WAIVED for all notarised documents. Please inform your Notary Public that you require your documents to be legalised after notarisation.
Please submit the original documents (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.) at the SAL counter for photocopies to be made by SAL counter staff. A photocopying fee of $1.07 is payable for every Certified True Copy document legalised (regardless of the number of pages).
We will directly legalise original documents issued by the Singapore Government (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc.). We will only be able to legalise computer-generated documents after they have been certified by the issuing department.
To Certify True Document, we cannot affix our legalisation stamp on laminated documents. If you need to legalise an original document that has been laminated, please request the issuing agency to
- issue a certified true copy for legalisation (SAL will then legalise the document by Certifying True Signature); or
- issue an extract of the original document for legalisation (SAL will then legalise the document by Certifying True Document);.
We will be able to Certify True Signature on a document if SAL has a record of the specimen of the agency officer’s signature.
We may be unable to Certify True Signature on a document if SAL does not have a record of the specimen of the agency officer’s signature. In such circumstances, a Certified True Copy or a Certified True Document will be provided by the SAL officer in place of a Certified True Signature.
Certificates from the following local universities/institutions may be directly legalised by SAL:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Institute of Technical Education (ITE)
Certificates issue by SIM University (UniSIM) would require certification from SUSS before we are able to legalise the document.
Pre-school certificates would require certification from the Early Childhood Development (ECDA) before we are able to legalise the document.