Legalisation of Documents
- SAL provides service for the legalisation of documents. From 16 September 2021, SAL will affix an Apostille Certificate on every document which requires legalisation.
- Members of the public who require legalisation service will have to submit an online request and make payment online.
- Please note that documents must be original versions and copies are not acceptable. If you need to legalise an original document that has been laminated, please request the issuing agency to issue a certified true copy or an extract of the original document for legalisation.
How do I legalise a Singapore public document (government document)?
- We will directly legalise Singapore public documents (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Court documents, notarised documents etc.).
- We will only be able to authenticate computer-generated documents after they have been certified by the issuing department.
- For legalisation of true copies, please submit the original documents at the SAL counter for photocopies to be made by SAL counter staff.
How do I legalise a private document (non-government document)?
- We can only legalise private documents (non-government documents) after they have been referred to a Notary Public (any law firm offering notarial services) for notarisation.
- Your document will need to be authenticated by SAL after notarisation by the Notary Public. Your Notary Public will issue the Notarial Certificate upon payment of the Authentication Fee of $86.40 (incl of GST) to the Singapore Academy of Law.
- We can legalise commercial documents such as Invoices, Bills of Sales, Certificates of Origin, Fumigation certificates, etc. after they have been certified or seen by any of the following Chambers of Commerce
- Singapore Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCI)
- Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI)
- Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI)
- Singapore International Chamber of Commerce (SICC)
- Singapore Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SMCCI)
- Singapore Manufacturing Federation (SMF)
Where can I legalise my documents?
- SAL is located at 1 Coleman Street, #08-06 The Adelphi, Singapore 179803. Counter opening hours are from 9:00am to 4:30pm. The counter will be closed on weekends and public holidays. If you have any questions, you may contact us at 6332 4388.
- You are not required to be personally present at SAL to legalise your documents. You may appoint a proxy to complete the legalisation on your behalf. No authorisation letter is required.
- A fee of S$10.70 (including GST) is chargeable for each document legalised.
- A photocopying fee of $1.07 is payable for every Certified True Copy legalised (regardless of the number of pages). This is a flat fee.
- Legalisation fee will be WAIVED for all notarised documents.
|Type of Service||Fee|
|Legalisation fee - Certified true copy (photocopy)||$10.70|
|Photocopying fee for certified true copy||$ 1.07|
|Legalisation fee – Certified true signature (original)||$10.70|
|Legalisation fee – Certified true document (original)||$10.70|
- Please note that Legalisation fees paid are not refundable.